Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Jesus will sneak up on you!

So, my best friend Kelly and I were talking about how we met the other day. We've been friends for maybe 7 months now, and I was trying to remember exactly how we got to this place. It went something like this...

Kelly and I met at out High School event called Pulse. I remember meeting her and a visiting student pastor named JD at the same time. We talked for maybe an hour and that was it. The next week, our mutual friend Jeremy and I were sitting in service and he pointed her out. Honestly, I forgot who he was even talking about until I saw her face. "Ohhh! That Kelly" Yeah, I'm awesome like that.

So after service we caught her walking out and talked a bit. Elevation was hosting a prayer experience for the volunteers that night so we all decided to go out to lunch and then head back to the church.

Keep in mind, this is only the second time I ever met this girl...

So yeah, I can't tell you what we talked about, nor can I tell you what was going through my mind. I know that I looked back on this picture and couldn't believe it was the second time I had met this girl. "No way, that had to happen after we had known each other a while...."

Apparently not.

It suddenly became clear to me that something pretty significant was happening between us that we were totally unaware of. Now, for us to look back at how we became friends seems impossibly too quick.

All too often we pray, beg, and even demand that God works in our lives in a mighty way. I know that I am going through a time in my life where I am expecting God to fulfill the calling he has placed on me and I have been specifically looking at what he is doing in my life, and yet I totally missed all this when it was occurring. The whole point is that just because we don't see God doing anything doesn't mean the pieces of the puzzle aren't coming together beyond what we can perceive. It also doesn't mean that God isn't working on another puzzle all together.

1 comment:

kelly said...

I'm ok with this.
What's funny is that I started writing a blog yesterday that was going to use you as an example of something in my life.
:]