Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Wall

We've spent the last two weeks turning our student ministry on it's head, creating small groups and adding a ton of new volunteers. I'm pretty sure in the last two days I've worked 20 hours and there's no sign that there will be any decrease in the volume for a few months.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't my venue to vent at all the work we're doing. It's been nothing short of a blessing in my life. I wonder if this is how Nehemiah felt as he was rebuilding the wall. The gravity of what we're doing and where God is taking this ministry under the direction of Phillip McCart overshadows the amount of work that needs to be done to accomplish it. Even our new volunteers can feel it. I am so grateful for the work they are doing and for the first time since getting involved with our student ministry, it's starting to feel like a family.

I'll try to be a faithful blogger from now on, but no promises! :-)

No comments: